Hui Feng Tang

 
Hui Feng Tang

Introduction

Hui Feng Tang was originally established by Zhang Zuyin on Guanxinsi Street in Dashilan in 1902. The plaque “Hui Feng Tang” was written by Empress Dowager Cixi and it was one of Beijing’s famous 8 Tangs. The restaurant specializes in Shandong cuisine and is especially good at stewed foods, which are quite fresh with strong sauces and no greasy feeling.  
The restaurant moved to Cuiwei Road in 1956 when public-private partnerships were being carried out. During the Cultural Revolution, it was once called “Gongnongbing Canteen” and “Cuiweilu Restaurant”. It got its original name “Hui Feng Tang” in 1978. The restaurant covered over 1,000 square meters after several restorations and expansions, with the first floor being the area for regular guests and the second holding a luxuriant banquet hall and 12 private rooms. It can accommodate about 700 people at the same time. During the reconstruction of Cuiwei Road, the restaurant moved to the fourth floor of the Cuiwei Building.

Now there are over 20 chefs and staff members and more on the second level, including three super chefs. They are good at Shandong cuisine. Representative delicacies, such as braised intestines in brown sauce, Douchiyu, Zaoliu Yupian, stewed cuttlefish roe, braised prawns, Quanjiafu and almond junket, are quite popular among customers. Hui Feng Tang was awarded Municipal Advanced Company in 1991.

Location

Story

Hui Feng Tang was originally established by Zhang Zuyin on Guanxinsi Street in Dashilan in 1902. The plaque “Hui Feng Tang” was written by Empress Dowager Cixi and it was one of Beijing’s famous 8 Tangs. The restaurant specializes in Shandong cuisine and is especially good at stewed foods, which are quite fresh with strong sauces and no greasy feeling.
 
The restaurant moved to Cuiwei Road in 1956 when public-private partnerships were being carried out. During the Cultural Revolution, it was once called “Gongnongbing Canteen” and “Cuiweilu Restaurant”. It got its original name “Hui Feng Tang” in 1978. The restaurant covered over 1,000 square meters after several restorations and expansions, with the first floor being the area for regular guests and the second holding a luxuriant banquet hall and 12 private rooms. It can accommodate about 700 people at the same time. During the reconstruction of Cuiwei Road, the restaurant moved to the fourth floor of the Cuiwei Building.


Now there are over 20 chefs and staff members and more on the second level, including three super chefs. They are good at Shandong cuisine. Representative delicacies, such as braised intestines in brown sauce, Douchiyu, Zaoliu Yupian, stewed cuttlefish roe, braised prawns, Quanjiafu and almond junket, are quite popular among customers. Hui Feng Tang was awarded Municipal Advanced Company in 1991.

Relevant Articles